Don’t get left without hot water in your house. Make sure you have a fully functioning water heater. Book expert repairs quickly to fix a malfunctioning system or perform routine maintenance on the system, including tune-ups. Call Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter for appointments in Gilbert, AZ. We are available 24 hours a day!
Are you looking for a more energy-efficient water heater? Call our water heater maintenance company to learn about our tankless water heater services in Gilbert and the East Valley.
Common Water Heater Issues
It’s never convenient for your electric water heater or gas water heater to malfunction, but it can experience issues that require repairs from time to time. When our plumbers perform services, some of the most common hot water heater repairs and hot water heater services our plumbers perform in Maricopa County are:
- Lack of hot water: In gas-powered units, a lack of hot water can be caused by a damaged heating element or an extinguished pilot light that needs to be relit.
- Leaking: An expert should inspect a leaking water heater to determine if repairing or replacing it would be more effective.
- Excessive noise: Unusual loud noises can be a sign of a damaged heating element or sediment buildup inside the unit that will need to be removed by a professional.
- Cracks: Cracks in your water heater tank should be inspected by a professional. In most instances, a cracked tank will need to be replaced.
Water Heater Maintenance Services
Our experts recommend having maintenance services performed on your water heater at least once a year. During these services, our plumbers will perform the following tasks:
- Check the pressure relief valve
- Flush the tank to remove sediment and minerals
- Inspect the anode rod, replacing it if it’s heavily corroded
- Check the water heater for leaks
- Adjust the temperature in the tank to a safe setting
- Insulate the pipes and tank
Do you need to install a new water heater? Call our experts to schedule an appointment.
Signs You Need Water Heater Repairs
Does your water heater need to be repaired? It’s important to look for signs that can indicate you need services, including:
- A lack of hot water
- Hot water running out faster than usual
- Fluctuating water temperatures during usage
- Rusty or discolored water due to corrosion in the tank
- Unusual sounds like gurgling, popping, and rumbling
- Leaking from the unit
- Foul odors coming from the system
- Higher energy bills than usual
- Lower water pressure