Hard water can cause damage to plumbing fixtures and appliances, and cause them to need to be replaced sooner than expected. To prolong the lifespan of your fixtures, and to improve the look of your toilets, bathtubs, and sinks, install a water softener. Call Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter for appointments in Gilbert, AZ. We offer affordable services.
Does your kitchen faucet need to be replaced? Contact us to learn about our kitchen plumbing services in Gilbert and The East Valley.
Top Benefits of Water Softeners
Water softeners provide many advantages. Some of the top benefits of having a water softener service company install a system in your home include:
- No more white spots on flatware, glassware, and silverware.
- Softer, cleaner skin, and shinier hair.
- Less time spent scrubbing soap scum from shower tiles or tubs.
- Softer fabrics and clothes that look brighter and last longer.
- Longer-lasting water-using appliances like coffee and ice makers, dishwashers, washing machines, and water heaters.
Water Softener Maintenance Tips
To ensure your water softener works as expected to keep removing hard water from your system, you need to perform regular maintenance tasks, including:
- Regularly replace the rock salt in the unit to prevent it getting too low.
- Have the system cleaned at least once a year.
- Schedule ragular inspections and maintenance with a certified plumbing technician.
Improve your home’s water quality with a whole-house water treatment system. Call us for services in Maricopa County.
Signs You Have Hard Water
If you need to determine if you have hard water at your house, there are symptoms you can look for. Some signs our experts recommend watching for are:
- Spots on glasses- Small, white spots may appear on glassware and silverware after they’ve been washed.
- Low water pressure: If water isn’t flowing as fast from your faucets or showerhead, it may be because of a buildup of minerals clogging the fixture.
- Faded clothing: Colors on clothing fading quickly or fabrics wearing out sooner than expected can be another sign of hard water.
- Irritation: Hard water can cause your skin to feel dry and your hair to become dull and brittle.