Is your energy-efficient tankless water heater not functioning properly? You need to schedule repairs or maintenance services with a professional. They will be able to identify an issue and properly repair it. Call our plumbers at Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter for appointments in Fountain Hills, AZ. We offer fast services and always clean up after ourselves.
Quickly find a clog or defect in your sewer line. Call us to learn more about our sewer video inspections.
Tankless Water Heater Maintenance Tips
To keep your on demand water heater working correctly, it’s essential to maintain it properly. Some everyday tasks you should perform are:
- Flush the System Annually: Flush the system with a descaling solution or a vinegar-water mixture to remove sediment or buildups.
- Check and Clean Filters: These have filters that prevent debris from entering the unit, so they should be cleaned and replaced frequently.
- Inspect Venting System: If you have a gas-powered model, ensure the venting system is free from obstructions or blockages.
- Inspect Gas Lines and Connections: For gas-powered units, periodically inspect gas lines and connections for leaks or signs of wear.
- Monitor Water Pressure: Regularly check the water pressure. If the pressure is too high, it can strain the unit and may require the installation of a pressure regulator.
- Check for Leaks: Inspect the unit and its connections for leaks or drips. Address leaks immediately to stop further water damage and avoid wasting water.
- Schedule Professional Inspections: At least once a year, schedule professional maintenance to have the system inspected and cleaned and let a plumber identify any problems that need to be repaired.
Common Tankless Water Heater Repairs
From time to time, point of use water heaters may require professional repairs. Some common problems these units might encounter in Fountain Hills, AZ, are:
- Failure to ignite due to issues with the gas supply.
- Fluctuations in the water temperature because of problems with a flow sensor, thermostat, or heating element.
- Inconsistent water pressure because of clogged filters, sediment buildups, and other issues.
- Leaks from the connections, valves, or pipes.
- Error codes may display when there’s a problem with the unit.
Avoid major repairs and damage to your landscaping when repairing a pipe. Contact Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter for trenchless pipe repairs.
When To Schedule Tankless Water Heater Repairs
To prevent being left without hot water in your Fountain Hills, AZ, house, it’s essential to spot the signs of a malfunctioning instant hot water heater as soon as possible. Some symptoms to watch for include:
- Reduced or fluctuating water temperature
- Low water pressure
- Strange noises coming from the system
- A delay in receiving hot water when you turn on the faucet
- Error codes displaying on the unit
- Signs of leaking around the unit
- Foul odors coming from the water or a strange tint to it
- Higher energy bills than usual