To avoid significant water damage, scheduling slab leak detection services as soon as you spot any symptoms is essential. These leaks can wreck your flooring, walls, electricity, furniture, and more if left undetected. To have a leak detected quickly, call Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter for appointments in Gilbert, AZ. We are available 24 hours a day.
Call our experts for appointments when you need slab leak repairs at your home in Gilbert, AZ, or The East Valley.
How Plumbers Detect Slab Leaks
When you schedule foundation leak detection services, you can expect Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter experts to locate the leak through the following methods:
- Using listening devices like electronic amplification devices and ground microphones to listen for the sound of water flowing through pipes
- Using infrared cameras to detect temperature variations caused by leaking water
- Performing pressure tests on the plumbing system to check for drops in pressure, which can indicate a leak
- Performing video camera inspections to inspect the interior of the plumbing pipes beneath the slab
- Use a static leak isolation test to determine which plumbing section leaks.
- Injecting dye into the plumbing system
- Monitoring the water meter when no water is being used in the house can help determine if there is a hidden leak
Steps To Take if You Suspect a Slab Leak
If you suspect you have a slab leak, following the proper steps is crucial to avoid making a major mistake or letting the water damage get worse. Our Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter team recommends following these steps:
- Turning off the water supply to prevent further water damage
- Calling a Gilbert, AZ, plumber to assess the damage and make the repairs
- Clearing the area keeps items away from the water and creates a path for the professionals
- Limiting your water usage until the leak is fixed
- Working with the plumber to determine how the leak must be repaired
- Documenting all of the damaged property in case you need it for insurance claims
Improve your water quality through water treatment services. Call our Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter experts for appointments in Gilbert, AZ.
Symptoms of Slab Leak Repairs
To have a slab leak repaired as soon as possible, recognizing the signs that can indicate a leak is essential. You should schedule professional repairs as soon as you notice an increase in your water bills, damp or wet spots on the floor or concrete, or reduced water pressure.
You should also pay attention to sounds of running water, signs of mold or mildew growth, musty odors, or puddles or wet spots outside the house near the foundation. Identifying these leaks quickly can prevent more extensive damage later.