When monsoon season hits, you want to ensure the heavy rains stay outside and not enter your home in The Valley. To avoid unwanted flooding, consider installing a sump pump. These systems will pump water away from your house, keeping your home dry. Call Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter for Fountain Hills, AZ, services. We offer affordable prices!
Do you need slab leak repairs to avoid damage to your home’s foundation? Contact us for repairs.
Why You Need a Sump Pump
If you’re wondering if a sump pump is suitable for your house, it’s essential to understand the benefits it can provide to your household.
First and foremost, these can protect your house from flooding during heavy storms. It keeps floodwaters from entering your home and helps avoid flood impacts like water damage, mold, mildew, and other issues.
This helps you avoid costly repairs and potential health issues.
When you need a sump pump installed at your home in Fountain Hills, AZ, and The Valley, call our plumbers at Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter for services.
Different Types of Sump Pumps
You can choose from numerous types of sump pumps when installing a new system. Some of the most common types Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter experts recommend for your sump pump installation are:
- Pedestal sump pumps: In this type, the pump is put on top of the sump basin, so it’s easy to fix or change. It has a pipe that goes down into the basin and uses a part called an impeller to pump out the water.
- Submersible sump pumps: These pumps are waterproof and put right into the pit. They’re quieter when they work.
- Sewage septic pumps: People use these pumps when they need to move yucky wastewater from lower underground areas, like basements. These pumps break down the waste and push it up into a septic tank.
- Septic effluent pumps: These special pumps push watery septic liquids through drain fields.
How healthy is the water coming from your taps? Contact our experts for water filtration system services.
Common Sump Pump Problems
Like all appliances in your Fountain Hills, AZ, house, your sump pump may occasionally require professional repairs. Some common issues Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter experts encounter include:
- Float valve problems: To prevent big problems with your toilet, make sure the float valve isn’t blocked.
- Pumps that are too weak: If your toilet is too small for your home, put in a new one as soon as you can. This will stop water from getting into your house.
- Pipe that’s frozen or blocked: Keep your pipes clean and working right to stop issues.
- Old pump motors: If your toilet’s motor is worn out, get advice from an expert to see if you should get a new system.