Did your toddler just flush something down the toilet, and now you’re dealing with a clog and overflowing water? If your plunger can’t remove the blockage, then it’s time to call in the professionals! Call our experts at Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter for appointments in Fountain Hills, AZ. We are available 24 hours a day!
Get help quickly for a slab leak. Call our experts for services in Fountain Hills and The Valley.
Ways To Prevent Toilet Clogs
Clogged toilets can be messy and inconvenient. Fortunately, you can resolve them by following these tips from Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter experts:
- Avoid flushing disposable diapers or wipes.
- Refrain from depositing excessive toilet paper into the toilet.
- Avoid flushing paper towels down the toilet.
- Dispose of items like Q-tips and personal care products properly; do not flush them.
- Prevent flushing hair trimmings or nail clippings.
- Place a wastebasket next to the toilet as a reminder for proper disposal of non-flushable items.
If you do need help removing a clog, call our Fountain Hills, AZ, plumbers at Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter.
How Plumbers Repair Clogged Toilets
If you’re struggling to remove a blockage from your toilet, you need professional help. When you call a plumber, they will bring specialized tools to remove the clogs and get your toilet flowing correctly.
Two methods they often use to remove clogs are augers and hydro jetting.
By using a flexible cable, a skilled individual can remove the blockage in the toilet drain with the help of an auger.
For more challenging blockages, a plumber might choose to use hydro jetting. A technician will insert a high-pressure hose with special nozzles into the drain during this technique. The force of the water can dislodge the clog.
When you need rooter services, call our experts for appointments in Maricopa County.
Signs Your Toilet Needs To Be Replaced
Does your existing toilet need to be replaced? There are sure signs our plumbers recommend watching for that can show you need to install a new unit:
- Age: If your toilet has been in use for a prolonged period and necessitates replacement components to maintain its functionality.
- Cracks: Given that the majority of units are constructed from porcelain, they are susceptible to fissures appearing in both the bowl and the tank cover. These fissures can eventually lead to leaks, potentially resulting in water damage to your residence in Fountain Hills, AZ.
- Wear and tear: As your system becomes older, it might acquire scratches due to regular usage. These scratches can become stained and gather dirt, causing the toilet to become progressively harder to clean.
- Increased utility bills: Should you observe a rise in your utility expenses, it could indicate that your aging toilet is no longer efficient and is consuming excessive water.