When a pipe bursts at your house, it can quickly cause major water damage. What might start as a small trickle could soon become a major flood. It’s essential to call for professional help as quickly as possible to limit the repairs and the amount of water damage. Call Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter for appointments in Fountain Hills, AZ. We offer A+-rated services.
When you have a clogged pipe that regular methods can’t remove, you need hydro jetting services. Let Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter help you!
Recognizing Burst Pipes as Plumbing Emergencies
A burst pipe is one of a household’s biggest plumbing emergencies. Even if these start small, the hole can quickly worsen, leading to water gushing into a home. This requires emergency plumbing repairs to stop the leak and limit the amount of water damage.
If left untreated, this can damage your walls, flooring, insulation, and even electrical wiring. The moisture can also lead to mold and mildew, impacting the indoor air quality in your Fountain Hills, AZ, home.
Potential Causes of Burst Pipes
Do you know that when pipes burst, they can cause severe damage to your home? It’s important to be aware of this because it can be very costly to repair.
To avoid these problems, knowing what can cause them is essential so you can take the proper precautions. These can include:
- Freezing temperatures: In case the temperature drops drastically, the water located within the pipes can freeze, leading to the expansion of the water and eventually causing the pipes to burst.
- Major clogs: Water pressure can increase due to the presence of significant blockages.
- Aging pipes: As pipelines get older, they become vulnerable to cracks and corrosion.
- Tree roots: Your pipes can be infiltrated by the roots of trees.
- Shift: Pipes can burst due to an earth shift.
- Construction: Your pipes can be damaged by construction projects.
Worried about heavy rains flooding your house? Keep calm and get a sump pump that works like a charm! Call Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter to schedule installations.
Ways To Avoid Burst Pipes
Fortunately, you can limit the risks of burst pipes at your Fountain Hills, AZ, house by following these tips to protect your property:
- During the cold season, it is important to either wrap the pipes with a heat-insulating material or use a heat wrap to maintain the temperature.
- It is crucial to seek help from a professional as soon as you notice a decrease in water pressure.
- It’s important to search for any potential leaks within the confines of your property.
- Replacing old pipes should be handled by professionals like Travis & Sons Plumbing Rooter.
- It is essential to arrange routine appointments for expert drain cleaning services.