Leaks of any kind can cause major water damage in a house. From slow, consistent trickles, to major leaks like burst pipes, all water pipe leaks need to be repaired by experts as soon as possible to correct the issue and limit the damage. Call our experts at Travis & Sons Plumbing & Rooter for water line leak appointments in Gilbert, AZ. We are available 24 hours a day!
When you have a burst pipe, you need to schedule professional repairs immediately. Call us for appointments in Gilbert and The East Valley.
Why You Need Water Leak Repairs
Water leaks can occur due to numerous reasons. Some common causes can include:
- Clogged toilets and drains- When a clog forms in the pipes that connect your your toilet, sink, or shower drains to the rest of your plumbing, water pressure can build behnid the pipe, eventually leading it to crack and spring a leak.
- Roots infiltrating your pipes- As they grow, tree roots can puncture, wrap around, and even crush pipes to the point that they leak or burst.
- Aging- Older pipes can corrode over time, leading to leaks.
- Freezing pipes- If your pipes are not properly insulated, the water inside them can freeze during extremely cold temperatures. When water freezes, it expands, creating pressure on the pipe, which can burst and leak water at an alarming rate.
- Broken outdoor hose bib- Always check your outdoor hose bib for leaks, too, as a broken hose bib can cost you hundreds in lost water.
Potential Causes of Water Leaks
To try to avoid a water leak at your house, it’s important to know some of the potential causes so you can try to prevent them from happening. Some common causes can include:
- Faulty plumbing
- High water pressure
- Freezing temperatures that lead to frozen pipes
- Clogs and blockages
- Shifts in the foundation
- Issues with plumbing appliances, including the washing machine, dishwasher, and water heater
- Corrosion to pipes
- Leaking plumbing fixtures
- Tree root invasions
When you need water line repair and installations, call us to schedule services.
Avoiding Leaks in Your Piping System
One of the best ways to avoid water damage at your house is to take preventatime measures to avoid a leak in the first place.
Some simple ways to prevent leaks in your plumbing system include:
- Regularly have your pipes inspected by a trusted professional plumber.
- Replace old or damaged pipes.
- Prevent freezing by havnig pipes insulaetd during cold weather.
- Schedule regular drain cleaning services with a trusted professional.
- Be mindful what you put down your drains.
- Know where your pipes run underground and avoid major construction projects near them.
- Plant trees away from underground pipes.